I will highlight some of the more advanced uses of maps:
- Extending maps with expressions and VimScript
- Maps for the Vim command-line
- A short digression on custom completion for ex-commands (using
- Custom completion on the command-line using maps (e.g.
CTRL+P style completion)
- Putting it all together to make your plug-ins (in lack of a better word) sparkle [*]
With a bit of effort and a few recurring tricks you can match or even improve upon the comfort the command-line completion your shell offers. Authors of plug-ins will hopefully find some interesting suggestions, but normal users of Vim can improve their workflow as well.